About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Saturday, March 02, 2024

Feb 2024

 Wow!  Half the month is gone already.  I don’t know where the time goes.  We finally started getting work done on our house.  At least I got my kitchen put back together.  I asked the contractor to do it first.  They are supposed to finish the rest by the 19th.  We did get the drywall in,  most of the trim in and most of the painting done.  The new carpet got installed and now Bill wants to put the same in our bedroom and on the stairs to the storage room.  I will have to contact the project manager and see if we can do that as an add-on. 

Rory’s basket Team has been doing pretty good.  They had a 2 win, 2 losses record heading into the playoffs.  They won their first playoff game.  The second one was delayed due to snow and will be played on the 24th now.  

Bill and I celebrated our 45th anniversary.  We didn’t go out on the actual date as it fell on a weekend so we went out during the week.  We decided to go to Fleming’s steakhouse.  They had a really good deal going 2 for $140.  We got 2 salads, 2 sharing sides, and 2 deserts.  The entree was a tomahawk steak.  We had never had one and we shared it and still had meat to take home.  I enjoyed some wine with the meal.  We won’t go there often as it is expensive but it was nice for a celebration.  

We did go to the dinner theater and saw a play called the Marvelous Wonderettes.  It was a good show.  We also joined a financial dinner one night but didn’t join them.  I am happy with the company we have.  

We joined our camping group for lunch at Smokey Bones BBQ restaurant.  We were there for a couple of hours and enjoyed talking to everyone.  Luckily the snow had stopped the night before and the roads were clear but it was cold!  

I have been busy getting annual payments for the HOA.  It isn’t much but you would be surprised by the number of people who we have to bug to get them to pay.  

The work on the corner lot is coming along nicely.  We have talked with some of the workers and now the HOA has some questions for the city about what is going on.  We have a short street, or part of a street, right at the start of the neighborhood.  They are tearing out the asphalt and tell us they are going to put in grass but our HOA will be responsible for it.  They are also saying the property line isn’t where we think it is.  I have an appointment to talk with the city planner next week.  Hopefully we can get that taken care of.  Most of the rest of the board still work so it is easiest for me to handle this.  

It appears that we are going to be in the path of the eclipse on April 8.  We are not in the exact middle of the total eclipse but we are close enough that it will seem like a total.  I bought some glasses to use to look at it.  I will try to take pictures too.  I bet the schools are doing science plans around it.  

I paid the last payment for the trip to Scotland!  Now I just need to stay healthy enough to go.  We are all getting so excited.  I have started buying some clothes to take.  I bought some shoes that are supposed to be waterproof and they are cute.  The first style I got didn’t fit right but the second style is good.  I also got some Air Tags to put in my luggage and things.  Maybe we should attach one to Rory when we start out!  

Our house is finally finished!  They installed the toilet and sink today and every else is done.  Of course now that those rooms look so good we are making one more change.  We really like the carpet we installed in the two bedrooms so we are having it installed on the staircase and in the master bedroom.  Hopefully that will be in the next week or so.  The same company is doing it.  We got an install date of March 5, can’t wait.  

Rory and Nick had their last basketball game on Saturday.  They didn’t win but they played a really good game.  The team they played was in 1st place aspens they stayed right with them until the last buzzer.  They played this team early in the season and lost badly.  This time they had them on the run and kept the score close.  Good job boys!  

We had a tiny bit of snow on Saturday morning but it melted quickly.  The weather here can’t make up its mind.  Snow over the weekend, 70 degrees on Monday!  It did this off and on for the last week of the month.  

So that was Feb.  



1 comment:

Rose L said...

Sounds like a lot has been happening! I do hope you stay heathy to go to Scotland. Does h trip include where you will stay? Going to Edinburgh or any other sites? I forgot when you go.