About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Friday, July 03, 2015

Tifton, GA

Thursday, 7/02/2015
I 75 RV Park
Tifton, GA

Today we will finally leave Florida.  We have been in Florida for almost a month.  I think we have covered everything in the state we wanted to see and do.  It will be awhile before we come back, I think.

The drive was about 170 miles and most of it was on either I 10 or I 75.  The park we are staying at tonight is right off the interstate.  It is nothing fancy, but it is a new park and they are working on it.  The sites were long and spaced nicely.  All the hookups worked and it was only $27 a night.  They have small trees so they don't interfere with the satellite dish.



After we got hooked up we took a drive through the city.  Tifton is bigger than I thought it would be.  They have many of the chain restaurants and stores.  We did make a quick stop at Walmart to pick up a couple of things we forgot the other day.  I really need to make lists.

One thing I saw was the fireworks they had for sale.  I remember the safe and sane fireworks we used to be able to buy in Calif.  Well let me tell you the ones they allow in Georgia puts those to shame.  I swear they look like professional fireworks!  I wish I would have taken a picture of them, you wouldn't believe it.  I would be scared to fire those off.

We stopped at a fruit and veggie stand across the street from Walmart.  I got some Georgia peaches, some fresh tomatoes, a Georgia watermelon and some Vadalia  onions.  Can't wait to have those.

After we got back to the rig and were resting the wind really picked up and the rain started.  We were in a thunderstorm warning.  We thought the rain would stop soon but it didn't so we went out to dinner in the rain.  We decided to go to Olive Garden since we haven't been to one since we left.  The food was good and we enjoyed a nice dinner.

It rained most of the rest of the evening so we stayed in.  I hope you had a good day.

No comments: