About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Warner Robins, GA Day 5

Tuesday, 7/08/2015
Warner Robins, GA

Yesterday, while driving home from Andersonville, my car decided to act up.  The check engine light came on and something was leaking under the dashboard on the passenger side of the car.  I was able to drive the car back to the base and to our site.  I followed my dad's old saying that if you can get it home then do.  It did OK except if I had to stop or slow dramatically.  I had to break with my left foot and give it gas with my right but we made it.

This morning we got up really early to take it the Firestone repair shop here on base.  There was no way I was going to be able to drive it there and we didn't want to have to hassle with getting a tow truck on base so we unhooked the RV and towed the car!  After dropping it at the service center we took the RV over to Enterprise and picked up a rental car.  We got a white Chevy Cruze.  Since we plan on leaving here on Friday morning I hope they get my car fixed by then.

We spent the rest of the day at the rig.  I changed the next two campgrounds that we had planned.  Once I find out when the car will be done I will call for reservations.  We decided we didn't want to go to one of the campgrounds and Bill wanted to get into New Bern earlier in the day than originally planned.  So I selected two different places and the number of days at each will depend on the car.

That was all for today.  I fixed a simple dinner, frozen meatballs in a stroganoff sauce over egg noodles.  I also put some mixed veggies in it.  Not bad for a quick meal.

Tomorrow we have plans for the day so I will have pictures.


No comments: