About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Nashville, TN Day 3

Tuesday, 9/02/2015
Nashville, TN

We took a ride today to find a Verizon store.  I thought I could change to the new plans and save some money but it didn't turn out that way.  I did buy a new charge cord that I wanted.  Bill found a holder he liked but had not brought his phone so didn't buy it.  After that we drove around a for a bit to find a car wash.  We saw some really nice houses that were on huge lots.  I wonder what the prices are.

We found a veggie stand and got a watermelon that turned out to be really good.  I also got some tomatoes.

I had put some country ribs in the crock pot for dinner.  We ate a little early so that we could leave to go to the Opry for the show.

We went to the Opry even though there were only a few that I knew of.  I had a good time and I think Bill did also.  I remembered to bring my zoom lens so I got some good pictures even though we were in the second row of the balcony.

Michael Ray

Larry Gatlin

Logan Brill

Del McCoury Band

Connie Smith

Lorrie Morgan

Whisperin' Bill Anderson

Chris Janson
I don't remember the songs that Michael and Logan sang but they were not songs I have ever heard.  The last guy, Chris, was really dynamic.  It is almost like he had a couple of bottles of Red Bull before coming on stage.  He has a song called Buy Me A Boat that is really cute.  I think he has a future in music.

Larry Gatlin sang All The Gold In California and the audience joined in with him.  Bill Anderson sang Poor Folks and Still.

It is always fun to see a show at the Opry.  The shop was busy before the show and I imagine it was really crowded after the show.  I did buy a shirt but it must be miss-marked as it is about 2 sizes smaller than the tag says.  I will be returning it on Wednesday.

When we got back to the campground the gate was closed but they don't lock it so we were able to open it and get in.

Here are all the pictures I took -


No comments: