About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Branson Monday-Tuesday

Monday-Tuesday, 6/20-21/2016
Branson, MO

I had a great birthday on Monday.  The guys went fishing and the girls took me out to lunch.  It started out as going out to breakfast but the restaurant, Mel's Hard Luck Diner, didn't open until 11:00.  We checked out the shopping center stores before going to lunch.  I don't think any of us bought anything.  The diner we ate in has singing waitstaff.  I had their special of pork tenderloin and it was good.

After lunch we headed to the Amish store where I got some more sorghum for Dad.  I will come back here with Bill to pick up some refrigerated things.  We then went next door to a quilt store that Lydia had been looking for.  Then we headed home.  They dropped me off and went back out to the grocery store.

Back at the rig I put dinner in the crockpot.  I made ranch pork chops.  It is really easy.  I thought a couple of hours on high would be enough but it wasn't.  I had to put them in the oven for awhile.  I also made noodles to go with them.  The recipe calls for 1 package of ranch dressing mix, a can of cream of chicken soup (but I used cream of mushroom) and half a can of water.  I decided to add a little sour cream to thicken it a bit.  Lydia brought over green beans and Janie brought cake and ice cream.  It was a yummy dinner.

We hung around and talked for awhile before retiring to our rigs.

On Tuesday we had to wait for the repair guy to come and fix our car windshield.  The others decided to go to a 5 and 10 store in downtown.  The repair was quick so that is done.  I spent a long time on the phone today trying to find out about my Costco credit card.  I think I have finally gotten that taken care of and should soon have my card.  They must be having a lot of problems as I was on hold for quite a long time.

We decided to go out to dinner at the restaurant we were suppose to go to on Friday.  It is is Great American Steak & Chicken restaurant.


We ate here the last time we were in Branson.  I don't think the food was as good this time.  I had ham and it was a really big piece.  I had leftovers but since they would have to sit in the hot car until after the show I threw them away.  

We had tickets to see SIX.  It is a show put on by 6 brothers.  They use their mouths to provide all the sounds.  There is no recorded music or any other sounds.  All are provided by the 6 men.  




It was a good show,  There are 10 boys in the family.  Can you imagine?

Before the show this guy, George Dyer, came out.  He has a show in the afternoon in this theater.  He has a really good singing voice.


After the show and back at the rig we let the dogs out to run around a bit.  Lola is getting used to this now and behaves very well.

So that was the last two day.  Hope you had a good ones.

No comments: