About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Barstow, CA

Saturday, 8/20/2016
Barstow, CA

Today was along drive for us, 242 miles. We did plan at least one step but all the rest areas on our way were closed, so we drove the entire way without stopping. We filled up with fuel in Mesquite, NV. There is a new gas station on the west side of I15 that has truck pumps off to the air for easy access. 

It was really hot today, getting over 100 degrees. Since we had some long mountain climbs I turned on the generator and ran the house air to keep us cool. It helps keep the engine cooler. 

We are spending the night at Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow. We have stopped here many times. We also have our favorite fuel station at the Food 4 Less up the road. It is generally 20 cents cheaper than the Flying J. 

After we got all set up we stopped to pay hit the office was closed. So we went to the PX for Bill to get his hair cut. It was getting too long. The barber took forever!  Then we went to the commissary to get a couple of thing. On the way back to the rig we tried again to pay but the office was still closed. I decided I didn't want to cook so we went out to eat. On our way out the office was finally open. It is $29 a night here. Not a bad deal. 

For dinner we went to Oghi's. We started this trip out at Oggi's in Hesperia and ended it with dinner in Barstow. 

It finally cooled off when the sun went down and Lola could go for her walk. We spent the evening packing things up to take home with us after we drop the rig at my parents house. Sine we have a campout here next week we are going to leave the rig at their house. So that means I have to pack stuff in the car to go home. I can leave my fridge in the rig as we can plug it in at their house. Next weekend I will have to clean it out after the campout. So that is it for now. I will post the statistics for this trip soon. 

No comments: