About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Catching Up

Wed - Friday, 6/04 - 6/07/2017
Havelock, NC
MCAS Cherry Point

I haven't posted for a couple of days as we haven't been doing a lot.  We have visited a couple of stores checking out furniture and beds.  We drove to Greenville to visit a Sleep Number store.  We got the whole sales pitch.  I knew they were expensive but wow!  The beds are nice but not that nice.  I am pretty sure I want a split king adjustable bed now.  The only problem is going to be the size of the bedroom when we get a new house.  I have found some couches and dining rooms sets I like to so I have an idea where to start.  It all depends on the layout of the rooms in the new house.  Bill has picked out a few places to see when we get to Ohio.  We are looking at 2-3 bedrooms,2 bath places.  Either condos, townhouses, or houses but they must be one story.

It has rained here just about every day.  On the 4th it rained so close to the start time for the festival in town that we decided we didn't want to go walk through a muddy park and stayed home.  The field where the fireworks were setup flooded.  They did fire some off but I don't know if they did all of them.  We could hear them at the campground.  We have also been caught out in the rain a couple of times.  And it really pours when we try to get from the car to the rig.  A couple of rigs here have lost their awnings that were left out in the rain.  It comes down so fast the weight of the water breaks the arms.

So I will post every couple of days until we leave on Friday next week just to let you know we are still around.


No comments: