About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Winchester, VA

Saturday, 7/15/2017
 Winchester
Candy Hill Campground

Another 200 mile day.  It took a bit longer than usual since a good portion of the trip was on US17, not an interstate.  That means you have to slow down in all the little towns and hit stop lights.  But we made it with no problem.  When I made the reservations here they only had a 30 amp site available so I took it.  The guy said if he can find a 50 amp site he would move us.  Well, he found one!  Yeah!  It is hot and nice to be able to run the air conditioner and everything at the same time.  It was a backin site so we had to unhook the car.  Since we did we took a trip to Camping World to pick up a couple of things and see if they have an antenna we need.  They didn't have the antenna so we will have to order it and have it sent to Nick and Aimee's place.  They were giving out free ice cream in the store so we took advantage of that for a treat.

After shopping we found the local Cracker Barrel for dinner.  It was good.  I think I have found a couple of things to get as my gifts to my Camping Squares Board.  Luckily I have a few more Cracker Barrel's to stop at on our way home.

The weather turned nice in the evening and I was able to turn off the air conditioner and open the windows.  We slept that way.

I took a couple of pictures of our part of the campground.  It is a pretty big place.



So that is all for today.  Bye

No comments: