About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, March 13, 2023

Lots of appointments

 Thursday, Feb 23 we had an appointment to attend a workshop with our lawyers office.  They went over the tax changes for this year and gave some options on saving taxes.  It was an interesting meeting.  I think we picked up a couple of thoughts.  

Friday, Feb 24 I had tickets to La Comedia to see Little Women. It is one of Aimee’s favorite stories so she went with me to the dinner show.  We were both interested in seeing how they made the story into a musical.  It was actually very well done.  We had a nice dinner and talked about things and enjoyed the show.  It was really nice to spend time with just her for a girls night.  

Saturday, Feb 25 was the last baskets game of the season.  They didn’t win but it was really, really close.  They kept going back and forth but lost by one basket.  After the game we went to a local pizza place for the team party.  The kids all played the games and the parents all sat around. We had pizza and drinks.  The favorite type of pizza in Ohio is very thin crust.  This place cut it into really little squares.  It was pretty good for thin crust.  

Somehow Bill chipped a tooth over the weekend so I was able to get him a dentist appointment on Monday.  They smoothed it out and put a filling in.  

March 1 was Nick’s birthday. We had his presents delivered to their house and went out to dinner with them over the weekend. More on that later.

I had my annual physical appointment on the 1st too.  I’m in pretty good shape for the shape I am in.  My chest still feels like there is pressure so she put an order in for me to get a cat scan. That will be next week.   On the 2nd I saw my arthritis doctor.  Everything is good there so 4 months before I see her again.  

On Saturday the 4th we took the kids out to dinner.  Nick wanted to go to a place called The Melting Pot.  It is a fondue place.  Sounds like fun.  So we had appetizers, which were pots of melted cheese.  We chose two different types, they have about 5.  You get plates with chunks of bread, soft pretzels, some veggies and other things.  It was good but there turned out it be a lot of food.  Next we each got a salad.  Then the entrees came out.  I ordered a an Asian plate which had marinated beef, some pot stickers, tuna, and shrimp.  Bill and the meat lovers which was a plate of different beef cuts.  Our pots were one oil and one a broth.  It was fun to cook each piece.  Rory really liked it.  Then we had dessert.  We ordered one pot of dark chocolate and one of milk chocolate.  The plates held sliced bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, pound cake, rice krispy treats and other things.  By the time we finished dinner we were rolling out of there. We all decided that we really only needed the entree and dessert.  It would Laos work with just dessert.  If we could split an entree it would be best.  We did bring home some of the beef pieces.  

On the 7th Aimee invited me over to the house for tea.  We also had our back door replaced and today was install day.  Worked out as Bill was staying home.  Our new back door looks like our front.  We had an appointment with the lawyers group to see about some changes so it was a busy day.  

Bill had his annual physical this week too.  He is doing fine.  And I had my cat scan.  

So now I am all caught up

No comments: