About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Friday, March 31, 2023

Another week or two

 I don’t like daylight savings time. I don’t like waking up in the dark. I do like that it is light later in the day. We will soon be able to go for our evening walk after dinner instead of before.  

So I had my CT scan. They found some stuff so I am seeing a pulmonologist in early April. Nothing drastic but the doctor wants me to see this guy.  My arthritis doesn’t help, it makes my immune system weaker.  I had my infusion this week.  It went fine. I think this medicine is really working for me and I hope it does for a long time.  

We went to our exercise classes during the week and walked most days. There were a few really cold days and we went to the YMCA a couple of times to walk.  

For our weekly breakfast out we went to the Blue Berry Cafe.  We don’t go here often,it is about 20 minutes away and they get really busy.  They do allow call-ins for the wait list so I usually do that just before we leave.  When we got there we got a table right away.  Yeah. We split a waffle platter as their meals are really it.  We got a waffle, scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns.  Bill had coffee and I had my normal tea.  Splitting a meal makes cost effective.  We usually go out to dinner once a week too.  This week it was BJ’s Brewhouse. I had a $10 coupon. They also serve big meals so we usually have leftovers. I did decide one night to order pizza. We have a local place that I like and we had a good meal.  I also ordered some garlic knots from them to have for dinners this week.  

Our weekend was quiet.  We did go to a concert on Sunday.  The Springboro Winds Symphony put on their spring concert on Sunday evening. I had put some chicken noodle soup in the crockpot so when we got back from the concert that was our dinner.   

We just got notice that our flight to Oregon for our cruise has been changed. It leave 15 minutes earlier and gets in 15 minutes later.  The flight numbers also changed. Not a big deal.  I sent the info to Terry so he knows our flight numbers to pick us up at the airport.  

I thought I posted this but guess I didn’t so I will pickup for the week of March 27, unfortunately it was also a slow week  all we really did was go to exercise class and walk.  On the 30th we decided to add swimming to our exercise routine.  So far we have done that twice.  We were really out of breath afterwards and my arms and legs are sore.  I hope it gets better next week.  

We finally got our taxes finished  We had to wait until the tax person who did Mom’s estate figured out whether we needed K1 forms or not.  I didn’t think we did and it turns out I was right.  As soon as I heard that I called our tax people and they finished ours.  We have a small payment to the IRS but will get money back from Ohio so we came out a little ahead.  At least it is done for another year.  

The weather has been really weird  it is cold one day, rainy the next then gets out to 70 degrees again then starts all over again.  Ah, spring in Ohio.  


No comments: