About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Sunday, July 09, 2023

June 26-June 28

 Monday June 26 - We woke up at 5:00 am as I needed to be at the endoscopy center by 6:15.  We both showered the night before so that was one thing less to do.  Mainly just brush our teeth and get dressed.  I couldn’t eat so Bill didn’t either.  We plan on having breakfast after the procedure.  By 7:00 I was in the room and being put to sleep.  Everything went just fine.  I do have a couple of ulcers that I now have to take medicine for.  I will have a repeat endoscopy in 8 weeks to make sure everything is healing.  

We also had the rig being washed this morning.  They came, washed it and left.  We passed the on the road when we were driving home.  We called and they came back later in the day to pick up their payment.  We get the rig washed once a year. Later in the afternoon we took the rig to fill up the gas tank and put it in storage.  When we parked it I noticed the wasp screen was missing on one of the spots.  We will have to order a new one as the local guys don’t have any in stock.  

While we were camping we saw that one of the headlights wasn’t working on the Suzuki.  Bill called our service guys and they said they could squeeze us in this week.  We dropped the car Sunday night and they worked on it.  Our owners manual says they have to take the grill off to replace them but they said it was an easy fix.  We did go ahead and have them both replaced.  We will be taking the Suzuki to the airport at o-dark-thirty and our return trip arrives at midnight so we need headlights.  

The rest of the day I was supposed to rest but you know that didn’t happen.  I made baby back ribs with tater tots and a salad for dinner.  I am using up stuff in the fridge before we leave.  

Tuesday June 27 - Not much happening today.  I have babysitting duty later today.  Before that we had to go back to the rig to measure the spot that needs a new screen.  Then we stopped at the western wear store next door to it to get Bill new belts.  He picked 2 out but didn’t look at the prices. I just went ahead and paid for them but he was surprised when he saw the bill at home.  

We went the kids house to babysit.  Aimee was having her hair done and needed to pick up a few things.  We took Rory to a local pizza place for lunch and so he could play in the arcade.  It was funny as there were very few kids there and a bunch of adults.  Guess this is a big adult lunch spot.  On the way home we dropped Bill off to pick up the Suzuki and he went home while Rory and I went back to his house.  I remembered I needed to stop the mail so I did that while I was there.

Since we ate a big lunch we didn’t want dinner so we just snacked for the rest of the evening.  I did get most everything packed in the suitcases.  So far everything fits.  I will have a few things to put in Thursday morning.  

We went on our evening walk and the air is really smoky for the Canada fires.  It makes my eyes burn and my nose run.  

Wednesday June 28 - Today is a slow day.  Our plan is to do the little bit of laundry we have and clean the house.  Everything is now cleaned, vacuumed, scrubbed and dusted.  I also weeded my flower beds out front and watered the flowers.  Hopefully it will rain enough while we are gone to keep them alive. It is still smoky but we did get our morning walk in.  

While I was weeding I saw there were a few police ads across the street.  I assumed they were there because of the animals that get out all the time from the houses behind us.  We saw the mama cow and her calf the other day.  Apparently they were out on the main road along with the goats so the police were here.  The guy whose animals they are got into an argument with them and tore off up the wrong way of our street.  I don’t what exactly happened next but I heard a gun shot.  I looked out the front door and the police were sheltering behind their cars and the corners of the houses. I called the people who live in one of the houses.  He was told not to go into his backyard and will let me know later what is going on.  I did see the township police tear out of the neighborhood but the Springboro police stayed for about 30 minutes more. Exciting times in the neighborhood.  

No comments: