About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, June 26, 2023

June 19-25

 Monday June 19 - we woke up to rain.  Just before the rv wash folks were suppose to be here they called and cancelled.  We waited until the rain let up and then moved the rv to the house.  We had put it on a little side street our neighborhood has.  It is safer for the washers there as there is no traffic.  Bill pulled out the extension cords and we plugged it in to cool down the fridge.  It was a quiet day as we couldn’t go walking in the rain. The weather report calls for rain for the next 10 days so we will have to go to the Y to walk.  In the later afternoon we decided to get our hair cut, one more chore done.  The rain let up and we loaded some stuff into the rig.  We weren’t really hungry for dinner but I had defrosted fish so we had to cook and eat that.  Since I am trying to empty out the fridge we had leftover au gratin potatoes.  

Tuesday June 20 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!  We didn’t do much in the morning as we have class at 11:30. I did receive a phone call from Terry & Cathye for my birthday.  After exercise class we went to the movies and saw The Flash.  It was an interesting movie.  Based on what would happen if you went back and changed one thing in history, what else would change.  Nick came by the house before we got home and sent us a text telling us part of the main road we live off of was closed so he suggested an alternate route for us to get home.  He was there when we got home.  He brought me some flowers for my birthday.  Thank you dear.  We had dinner reservations at The Oakwood Club.  It is an older dinner club in a local town. It was the first time any of us have been there.  We did enjoy the food.  I have Veal Francois.  Bill had prime rib with sweet potato.  My pictures are not very good as I forgot to turn the flash on.  



When we got home we brought the car around behind the rig to hook it up.  It is not raining now and it might tomorrow morning. 

Wednesday June 21. The day started out nicely.  We loaded the food into the refrigerator in the rig and settled down for a couple of hours until we were ready to leave.  The campground is about an hours drive south of us.  It is a new campground and doesn’t have all of its extras setup yet.  The sites are large and fairly level.  We got to the park around 1:00 and got setup.  Others were here before us.  We hung around for a bit and visited before taking naps.  We went out to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner.  The food was pretty good.  I have a margarita and it went to my head.  After that we went to a local ice cream place for dessert.  Once back at the campground we all sat around the campfire and talked.  Once we went to bed it got warm in the rig.  The one complaint I have about the rig is that there is no window I can open in the bedroom so we don’t get a lot of circulation.  So I didn’t get a lot of sleep.  

Thursday June 22- we finally got up around 8:00 and I was still tired.  We had breakfast and checked email and stuff then went on our walk.  Walking up and down the row is a little over a mile.  I brought my hiking boots with me so I could test out walking in them. I plan on tossing them on the cruise as we are going on a glacier and tennis shoes are slippery.  Anyway the boots were very comfortable.  After our walk we drove over to the IGA store to get a couple of fresh veggies I need to make the pasta salad.  Back at the campground we walked down to where everyone is setup and talked and played Mexican train dominoes.  I won the game, surprisingly.  The group went to dinner at a local restaurant called Bucks.  The food was really good.  They gave us bbq pork nachos for free and they were very good.  I had pasta primavera and Bill had chicken fried steak.  The table passed around some dishes so I tried the onions rigs, very good, and the cheese curds.  I would go back here.  Once back at the rig we joined everyone around the fire to visit.  Bedtime came too soon.  I did get in contact with my gastroenterologist and setup up Monday morning to have the endoscopy done.  He had a cancellation.  It is really early I. The morning and I am not looking forward to it.  

Friday June 23 -it rained a bit last night. The group is having doughnuts for breakfast as we got dressed and headed down to the tents.  The doughnuts were really good.  They got some jelly filled, which are my favorite. It started to rain while we were there so we headed back to the rig for a bit. I needed to make my pasta salad anyway.  Bill has to dump the tanks.  We both took a nap too.  Our potluck dinner was sloppy joes and things.  The food was good and I ate too much.  We sat around talking for the rest of the evening, heading back to the rig around 10:30.  The weather was very nice so sitting around the fire was comfortable.  

Saturday June 24 - it rained in the early morning and woke me up but it didn’t rain long.  The group is cooking breakfast so we will head over a little before 9:00.  Breakfast was good. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and French toast.  I certainly won’t need lunch today.  Bill and I decided to drive over to the next time to visit the birthplace of Ulysses Grant.  It is a one room house.  The visit was interesting.  After that we drove about 30 miles away to visit the Rankin house, which was a famous stop on the Underground Railroad.  The docent was very informative.  Back at the rig I took my dessert out of the freezer.  I made chocolate chip cookies and brownies.  A local pizza company provided the main dish.  We sat around the fire again but went in earlier than last night as we leave tomorrow and I wanted to get a start on packing up just in case it rains in the morning.  

Sunday June 25 - we got up early today to get unhooked and out before any rain.  We were on the road before 9:00 and home about 10:30.  We did pass through some rainy areas and areas that it had just rained but there was nothing at our house so we were able to get unloaded.  When we pulled into the neighborhood we saw that we had new neighbors moving into the house across the street and had a car parked where we usually put the motor home.  I had to introduce myself and ask them to move.  They were very gracious about it.  Later I took them some leftover brownies and cold water, as it was really hot today.  We did the laundry and started collecting things for our trip.  I made ribs, tater tots, and corn on the cob for dinner.  When we tried to go for our evening walk it started raining so we didn’t get that done.  

No comments: