About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, August 14, 2023

Aug 7 - Aug 13

 Monday Aug 7 - I had to get up and get ready to go this morning as I had to go to the hospital to have injections in my lower back.  This is my second set of shots before they finally get to laser the nerves in my lower back.  My arthritis is finally hitting my bones hard.  We didn’t do much the rest of the day as I just rested.  The biggest problem is that about a day after the shots the spots start itching really bad and that lasts a couple of days.  

Tuesday Aug 8 - Busy, busy day today.  First up - La Comedia opens up sales for next years shows to season ticket holders today. I started calling as soon as the lines opened at 8:00.  I got up early so that I could get dressed before then.  So busy signal after busy signal.  When it got close to the time we needed to leave for exercise class Bill suggests we just head over there instead of class.  So we did.  We were handed a number - 103.  I asked what number they were on -54!  They said we could wait or come back in about 3 hours.  We sat around for a bit and I continued trying to get them on the phone.  After about 30 minutes we headed home, where I kept dialing.  I finally got through, well I got through enough to be 17 in line.  A bit before 2:00 we headed back to see what number they were at - 94!  I had an appointment with my hearing aid place since one had died on me.  It was only 5 minutes down the road.  I was still in the queue on the phone at this time.  I handed Bill my phone, he had our number (they were up to 96 at this point) and I left to go to my appointment.  While I was there he called and said he was done.  After I finished and for my repaired hearing aid I drove back to pick him up.  He said they suddenly went from 96 to 103, without him hearing the numbers in between about 10 minutes after I left.  He hung up the phone and met with the person, which took about 10 minutes.  He got tickets on the dates I gave him and the seats are two-tops close to center.  Next year I will get up early and drive over before they open to get a low number and wait and get my seats.  After we finished that we headed home for a few minutes as I had a 4:00 appointment to pick up my glasses.  We did that and got them adjusted. Soon we were heading over to a local restaurant for dinner, Tuesday is they special. Igor for liver & onions.  After dinner we headed home and we’re in for the night.  

Wednesday, Aug 9 - not much happening today.  After class we got our hair cut.  I did have a phone appointment with my financial planner.  I am trying to decide if I should convert some of my IRA to a Roth IRA.  She gave me some numbers and I am still deciding.  I did finally get hold of my pain doctors office and got an appointment next week to review the shots I had on Monday.  Aimee called me to let me know they were taking Rory to urgent care to get an X-ray of his arm.  He fell and it is really sore.  Later they called to let me know he broke it.  Urgent care put it in a temporary cast and he will get his permanent one on Monday.  

Thursday, Aug 10 - another quiet day.  We did get a walk in but it has been hot and muggy again and exercise class.  We decided to go to Costco to have one of their great hot dogs for lunch.  We like to people watch and guess why they bought what they bought.  We also stopped at customer service to get Bill’s picture on his Costco credit card.  When you use the self checkout lanes they are now checking your card and picture to make sure you aren’t giving your card to other to use.  My card has had my picture on it for a long time but Bill never got his taken so we got that done.  Since gas was cheaper there than anywhere else we filled up my car.  On the way home we stopped and washed the car. 

Friday, Aug 11 - we got both our walks in today.  We went to breakfast at a place called Mom’s.  We went there once a few years ago so we decided to try it again.  It is ok but we like the Track ether.  Aimee called and asked if I wanted to go with her to see Barbie.  Since we didn’t have any plans for the rest of the Dayi said sure.  I happened to have two free tickets to the theater so that is where we went.  The movie was better than I thought it would be.  Friday nights the city holds their outdoor concerts so we went over there for a couple of hours.  They had a drawing for some camp chairs and I won one!  

Saturday, Aug 12 - we went to lunch with the kids today at Tokyo Grill & Sushi.  It was pretty good.  Afterward we stopped by the grocery store.  Now I remember why we go during the week, it was crowded and the shelves empty of the items we buy.  Afterward we didn’t do anything.  About 4:30 Nick called and asked if I could come over and babysit for a couple of hours.  Aimee wanted to go to a craft fair that opened at 5:00.  They don’t like to leave Rory home by himself, especially after breaking his arm.  All I really do is be in the house.  I took my Kindle and read while they were gone. 

Sunday, Aug 13 - we took a ride to Wright-Patterson AFB to check out jewelry at the PX.  I am thinking about buying a tennis bracelet and I wanted to check their prices.  I would save taxes if I bought there.  I still think my jewelry store is cheaper.  We checked out the liquor store on base but they didn’t have the wine I wanted.  They had my second choice but it is the same price as the grocery store.  Since we didn’t have anything else to do we took a drive out to the campground on base.  There was talk a couple of years ago about some upgrades there but we didn’t see anything different yet.  On the way home we stopped by my favorite fruit stand and got a watermelon, corn, tomatoes and peaches.  I made potato salad for dinner tonight along with a steak and fresh tomatoes.  We went to the city’s music thing again tonight.  Bill put in for the chair drawing but he didn’t win.  The singer tonight was pretty good.  As Bill put it - he wasn’t yelling, the music didn’t overpower the voice, we could understand him and he did songs we knew so it was good.  

1 comment:

Rose L said...

busy week! I am still waiting to hear from the rheumatologist who saw me last Tuesday. He said he would call me about test results and to let me know what is happening. You know the feeling...wait, wait, wait.