About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

New Bern, Day 8

Monday, 7/20/2015
New Bern, NC

We had an appointment at Tony Hobbs RV repair at 10:00 this morning, so we got up and got everything put away.  We got there and they measured the slide cover and got the info on the step.  I know our extended warranty won't pay for the material on the slide cover so I paid for that.  After we left the lady at Hobbs called and said there was a problem with the extended warranty.  It had to do with the odometer reading.  Remember back in late May, early June our odometer reset itself.  I told her to tell them it is in the notes.  The guy at the warranty company gave her some info saying we had to get a facility to verify the odometer.  Well, once I finally got hold of someone at the warranty company I was upset.  We had gone through this back when we had the problem and neither of the two people we talked to said anything about getting verification.  The guy I was talking to said we needed a mileage statement.  I looked that up for South Dakota and you only need that when you sell the vehicle.  Anyway, we called Hobbs back and they don't do anything with engines so we called Heavy Duty Truck.  They said yes, they had done this for others and to come over around 2:00,  That meant unhooking again.  The guy there wrote up what we needed and we headed over to Hobbs again as they are less than a mile away.  I called the warranty company from there and the guy I got hold of this time said to scan the document and email it to him.  We went out to the rig, fired up the generator, scanned the document and emailed it.  He called Hobbs and got the repair OK'd.  So I shouldn't ever have this problem again.  It just irritates me that we talked to two separate people back in May and neither said anything about this.  They just said no problem, we have it documented.

So our whole day was spent getting the OK for the replacement of the step.  We went out to dinner as the rig was hot due to not being plugged in and the air not running.  By the time we got back it had cooled down.

At least we now know how to read the engine mileage off the computer.

I hope you had a better day than I did.  

No comments: