About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pigeon Forge, TN Day 1

Sunday, 8/16/2015
A Walden's Creek Campground
Pigeon Forge, TN

We finally left North Carolina today.  We are next door in Tennessee. The drive was less than 100 miles to get to Pigeon Forge.  We did have some mountain driving to do which isn't fun but we got through.

We are at a Passport America Park called A Walden's Creek Campground.  We have stayed here before..  They let you use the PA pass any day and for as long as you stay.  That makes the campground inexpensive.  I will take pictures tomorrow.

We had a quick lunch then headed to Walmart.  I needed to get a prescription filled.  It is one for my arthritis and it is getting hard to locate the drug.  I will have to ask my doctor for a different drug next time I see her.   I was lucky and they had it in stock so I have 30 days before I have to be bothered again.

After that we headed over to Dollywood.  They have a deal during the summer that if you come in after 3:00 PM you can come the next day free.  They are only open until 7:00 PM but we got in a couple of shows.  One was called My Family, in which a number of Dolly's family perform.  And the other was Country Crossroads.  Both shows were really good.  This place has a big enough pull to get the good singers.  We also rode the train.  The last time we were here the train broke down on us.  This time it broke down while we were waiting in line!  They finally got it going and we enjoyed the ride.  We also went to the Grist Mill and had some cinnamon bread.  That was our dinner tonight.  Tomorrow we will have our big meal of the day at the park.

We found the Paula Deen restaurant in town.  We plan on going there one day this week.

So that is all.  Enjoy the pictures.



1 comment:

Rose L said...

Have to go there one day...