About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Friday, September 18, 2015

Albuquerque, NM

Thursday, 9/17/2015
Kirtland AFB
Albuquerque, NM

We had a short drive today of about 130 miles, which was fine as we wanted to get in early at the base.  We were in around 11:30 which gave us plenty of time to do some shopping at the PX and Commissary.  We also stopped at the Subway for a bite of lunch.  I didn't have anything for lunch in the rig, thus the Commissary stop.

We are staying at the Famcamp here at Kirtland AFB.  We have stayed here before and it is a fine place to stop.  The price is good and the sites are long and wide and level.  It is also an easy drive to get on and off the base.





The wind isn't as bad here as it has been but the dry air is playing havoc on my sinuses and skin.  I feel like I can feel my skin shrinking on my bones due to the dry air.

We did find a car wash to get the top layer of dirt off my car.

That is all for today.  See you again tomorrow.

No comments: