About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Goodlett, TX

Monday, 9/14/2015
Goodlett, TX
Olde Towne Cotton Gin RV

202 miles today and most of that on Texas back roads. The drive was fine except for the steady crosswind all day. 

We pulled into the campground and selected one of the pull through sites in front. This is a typical Texas open field campground. It is priced a bit high for what you get but not too bad. 

Just after we got hooked up the power went out. I thought I had blown a fuse since I had the air conditioner, the water heater and the washing machine going. Nope, the entire park went out because of the wind. Not knowing when it would come back on we looked to see if there was another park nearby. Nope. Luckily the power came back on within 20 minutes. I was just getting ready to turn the generator on. I might stop here again if I was in the area but they do have trains nearby that run all night.





When the power went out I turned everything off and tried to open the washer to get the clothes out. When I did that the door handle broke. When the power came back on I let the cycle continue. When it finished we tried to open the door with a screwdriver and pliers. When that didn't work I found the company online and called their service group. The guy sent me an email with instructions on how to open it. He also told me it would be $40 for the part I need.  I will ordering that. I did finally get a couple of loads done. 

There is absolutely nothing near here so we ate in. I fixed a frozen lasagne and salad for dinner. 

That is all. I will add pictures of the park later today. 

No comments: