About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Sterling, CO

Monday, 8/16/2016
Sterling, CO

We were not in a big hurry this morning but still got out before 9:00. Our long boring drive today will take us out of Nebraska and into Colorado. We will also cross into Mountain time. We made one stop at a rest area to let Lola run around a bit. 

We left I80 today and are driving on I76 towards Denver. We stopped for the night in Sterling, CO. There isn't much to recommend about this town. The first park we went to was attached to a service place and it was full. They only had 6 sites and most of them looked like permanents. I called a second choice and got no answer so I went to my third choice and they had a opening. They only had 30 amps but I can live with that. We will not return to this campground as the sites were really tight and we couldn't get level. It will do for tonight. The name of the place is Buffalo Hills RV. 



I haven't had good luck with campgrounds this time around.  Tomorrow we drive through Denver and on to Gypsum, CO. 




No comments: