About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Amarillo, TX day 1

Monday, 6/12/2017
Amarillo, TX
Oasis RV Park

Once again the drive was windy but at least it was short, only 160 miles.  We are staying at our favorite park in Amarillo, TX, Oasis RV.  We have been staying here since it opened.  The sites are nice and long and the services are good.  Last year when our friends stayed here they found a Chinese restaurant they really liked.  We decided to have that for linner (lunch and dinner).  It is a nice buffet and the food was good.  Everything was hot even though we were there at 2:00 PM.  It did have a large variety of food so I got to sample a couple of things I have always wanted to try but didn't want to order a bunch of.

We really didn't do much the rest of the day.  The wind is blowing so hard that opening the front door requires you to brace yourself so the door doesn't get pulled out of your hand.  It is also very warm.  We decided to go try the hot tubs (there are two).  One was warmer than the other but both were pretty cool.  One had better bubbles.  We sat and talked to a woman from Valley Center, CA for a bit then went back to the rig.

I worked on the Rustlers website and I hope I got it up and running correctly.  I guess I will find out if anyone ever looks at it.

The wind blew so hard last night we brought the bedroom slide in so that we didn't have to listen to the awning cover flap.  I hope it calms down some tomorrow.

So that is all for today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What website? Safe travels... we love you!