About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Amarillo, TX Day 2

Tuesday, 6/13/2017
Amarillo, TX
Oasis RV Park

Last night was a rough night.  It never really cooled off and the noise of the wind didn't help our sleep.

This morning we decided to go out to breakfast.  The number one breakfast place in Amarillo is the Ye Olde Pancake Station.  It is a local place as you have to find it.  It is not on the main street.  It was crowded with locals.  The food was good and the servings were large.  We had meals from the senior menu and they cost $5.95 each.  Great place!  I recommend it for breakfast.  They are only open until 2:00 PM so you can't get dinner there.

After breakfast we found Walmart and picked up a couple of items and got gas for the car.  For our Calif. friends, we paid $1.94 a gallon.

Back at the rig we decided to do a little laundry.  It took a bit of time, I used their facilities, but at least we are good for a few more days.

I spent more time on the Rustlers website and I think I finally got the thing up and running correctly.

We had a simple dinner at home.  Afterward I tried to print a few things from my computer.  I don't know what I was doing wrong but it took me a long time to get everything printed out.  I am sure it had something to do with getting it setup on the network.  It worked fine at home.  At least I finally got it done.

We are going to be in Nashville for my birthday so we, meaning me, decided that we would take the afternoon lunch and show cruise on the General Jackson Showboat.  We have never done it and it should be fun,  So I bought the tickets today.

I think we are ready to take off tomorrow and continue to North Carolina.  We should be there a week from Saturday.

Have a good night

No comments: