About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Lake Eufaula, OK day 2

Friday, 6/16/2017
Lake Eufaula, OK
Belle Starr COE

We decided to take a drive to Muskogee, OK today.  The town is bigger than I thought it would be and downtown was a bit run down.  There wasn't much to see there.  We did stop at Walmart to get a few things.  The windshield reflector I have is too small for my long windshield in the car so I wanted to replace that.  Bill needed a battery for his key fob, which had stopped working.

On the way home we stopped in Checotah. OK to have lunch.  According to Trip Adviser the #1 restaurant in town is called June's.  We decided to go there.  It is a very small little restaurant with a limited menu, most everything is fried.  I had the chicken chunks, similar to chicken nuggets and Bill had chicken fried steak.  Both meals were fine but I would try a different place if we are ever in the area again,

Today was hot and muggy so we didn't do much once we got home.  The only time it cools off at all is in the evening when all the bugs are out so I don't go out much.  I also have to avoid sunlight because of the medication I am taking so we stay in a lot.  I found some 100 SPF lotion that I use when I do go out in the sun,

Tomorrow we move from here had head further east.  Our stop will be in Little Rock, AR.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Try Sawyer Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin. The Picaridin is a replacement for DEET and it seems to work a lot better. I got some for Rory because he likes to play in the grass and the woods and he's not getting any bites. Also, you might want to try a sunscreen that has a main ingredient of Zinc Oxide. We started using Pacifica and Bare Republic and they work really well. Both are water resistant and they offer better protection than Banana Boat and Coppertone. I got them at Target.