About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Lake Eufaula, Outside Checotah, OK

Thursday, 6/15/2017
Lake Eufaula, OK
Belle Star COE park

The weather was cool when we left Clinton, or at least cooler.  We drove into the edge of a thunderstorm and got a little rain, lightening and thunder.  It also made the air muggy.  Our drive was about 212 miles.  We stopped for fuel just west of OKC (Oklahoma City) at the Flying J and it was the cheapest price we have seen so far.  For diesel the price was $2.299 per gallon.

I talked to my dad for a bit today just to let them know we are still alive and doing fine.  Just after I told him that Arizona had the worst roads so far we hit a really bad section of highway in OKC!  But it soon smoothed out and the drive was uneventful.  We did miss the street to turn down to get to the campground.  The big problem was it was a two lane road and we had to drive about 3 miles to find a place to turn around.  We unhooked the car and I called the park to verify where to turn, then led Bill to the campground.  We are at Belle Star Corps of Engineers park on Lake Eufaula.  Our friends stayed just up the road last year from here.  We have site C60 which includes 50 amp service and water.  We got lucky and the trees are situated just right to get satellite service for the TV.  Here are some pictures.





It would be really nice to have a boat here.  The lake is huge!

I fixed spaghetti for dinner tonight.  I made an effort not to make too much and I only had a little left over.  I like spaghetti leftovers and frequently make way too much.

I looked on the internet for things to do in the area.  Checotah, OK is the home of Carrie Underwood.  I don't think there is anything in town though.  I did find out that Muskogee, OK is about 30 miles away so I think we are going to take a drive tomorrow.  It will be good for my car to drive it a bit.  We will also have dinner or lunch out tomorrow.

So we are all settled in for the night.  I think I will get my Kindle out and read while Bill watches the US Open Golf on TV.  Have a good night.

1 comment:

Terry Kinkelaar said...

Last year we met a senior resident at our park. He was on the bass tournament circuit for a long while. L Eufaula was his pot of gold!