About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Sunday, June 25, 2017

MCAS Cherry Point, NC

Saturday, 6/24/2017
Havelock, NC
MCAS Cherry Point RV Park

We thought we would get up early and head out but that didn't happen.  We got out at our same 9:30 time.  Oh well, since it was a weekend the traffic wasn't bad.  Most of the 190 miles was on US70 but it was a nice drive. One day in the future this road will be I42.

We pulled into the base right around 1:00 PM and after checking in with the camp host, found our site.  We are close to the office.  We are in this site for a week.  After that, I am not sure, we may have to leave the park if there are no cancellations for the 4th weekend.  I already have another reservation if that happens.  Then we will be back.

After setting up and relaxing a bit we contacted Stormy and planned to meet later in the afternoon.  Even though rain was called for later tonight I had to get the road dirt off of my car.  We located a car wash and headed there.  As soon as we started washing it started raining a bit.  At least my car looks black again instead of grey/brown.

After that we headed to the house where we spent an enjoyable evening with the family.  It was great to see everyone.  I hope when we move to Ohio we can come over more often.  I miss these guys.

As we were getting ready to leave you could see bad weather rolling in.  As we pulled into the RV park at the base my car radio started going nuts with alarms.  Turns out there was a tornado warning issued and we saw all the people heading to the bathhouse.  We did a couple of things inside (I put the satellite antenna down) and then headed up.  A great way to meet your neighbors!  We only had to wait about 45 minutes then headed back to the rig.  It rained most of the night.

So that was our exciting night.  Hope you had a less exciting one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The alarms are the worst! I hate the tornado sirens the most... at least with earthquakes you don't have to panic beforehand!