About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Taking care of business

Monday, 6/
26/2017
Havelock, NC
MCAS Cherry Point.

Monday, ah Monday.  Today was dedicated to doing some chores.  We did a few loads of laundry and that took awhile to get done.  The campground only has 2 washers and 2 dryers and I had 4 loads so it was a bit of time before I finished.  I also did a load in the rig.  When the last load, towels, didn't dry I took them home damp and dried them in my washer/dryer.  I don't do things like jeans and sheets and large loads in the rig because it takes 3 hours per load to wash and dry.  That chore is done and if I keep up with the laundry during the week I won't have to go there for about a week.

I also spent some time working on our printer.  It is a wireless printer and when I tried a week or so ago to use it, I couldn't get it to print from my computer.  Since we are on the campgrounds wifi I decided to download the print driver and reinstall it.  That cleared up the problem.  I tried to get a printer cable when we were at Walmart but they didn't have the one I needed.  Tomorrow we are talking about driving to Morehead City and there is a Best Buy there.  I will see if they have one.  You can use this printer as a direct connect if you need to and I think it is wise to have the cable.

We picked up a few things at Walmart that we decided we needed that we didn't bring with us.  Since Bill bought some new shirts we needed more hangers!  We only brought enough for the clothes we brought.  Oops.  Note to self - always put extra hangers in the closet.

The other day I had purchased a watermelon at the store.  It is from Georgia so I hoped it was good.  The last few I have bought were not that good.  I got lucky and this one is good so I cut it up and it is chilling in the fridge.

We got our mail at Stormy's house so I spent some time going through it.  I have to have mail sent from South Dakota but won't get that until next week.

We actually got through the day and night without any rain.  Guess I need to put the awnings out to dry them tomorrow.

That is all for now.  Have a great day

No comments: