About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, June 19, 2017

West Memphis, AR

Sunday, 6/18/2017
West Memphis, AR
Tom Sawyer Mississippi River RV Park

We had a short drive today but wouldn't you know it, we were ready to leave early.  We sat around for awhile waiting for our neighbors to move so that it would be easier to get out of our site.  Hey, we aren't in a hurry today.

As we were driving Stormy called.  I talked to her for a bit until we pulled into a rest area and Bill could talk.  Nick called while I was talking to her and I asked him to call back.  I sent a text to him when Bill finished talking to Stormy and then he called.  Terri called later in the evening.  So Bill heard from all of his kids.  I remembered to call my dad too.

We got into the park fairly early.  We like this park and have stayed here a few times.  It is right on the Mississippi river and we can watch the barges go by.  This park offers free laundry so I took advantage of that and did 3 loads.  After we got the first 2 loads started we noticed dark clouds.  Yep, another thunderstorm.  It didn't last too long but we had rain off and on the rest of the day.

Because of the rain we didn't do much else.  I hope all my friends had a good Father's Day.






No comments: