About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2023

April

 We wanted to go to brunch for Easter but it sold out before I was able to book reservations so we decided to go at the end of March instead.  Every really likes the brunch at Yankee Trace gold course.  They have a buffet with breakfast items, salads, made to order omelets and waffles, hot dishes and lots of desserts. Aimee and I usually have mimosas.  Yummy.  We are usually there for a couple of hours. For Bill and I it is our only meal of the day.  We have reservations to go for Mothers Day and will be making some for Fathers Day.  They don’t have the brunch every Sunday but we want to go once a month for those they have.  

We went to La Comedia for another show. It was Sleuth. We were a bit confused by the play. They listed 5 characters in the program but there were only 2 on stage.  It is a murder mystery. I looked up info on the play the next morning and it appears it is always that way.  Oh well, the food was really good as always. Our next play is in May and is Escape to Margaritaville.  That should be fun.  Sleuth is the first non-musical we have seen there. 

We are still going to exercise classes and swimming and walking.  They don’t seem to help with weight but at least I am active.  I saw our dermatologist this week about a mole on my arm.  She said it is nothing to worry about. She took a sample of another one to test. I will find out what it is in a couple of weeks.  We both need to go in for a full body scan and will schedule that after our vacation in July.  

Easter will be quiet. We are going over to the kids house to visit for a bit but mother formal.  

We sold our 22007 Chevy Trailblazer for scrap.  We had taken it to our service guy and had him check it over. Turns out the frame was badly rusted and it would cost us more to repair than it was worth.  He told us we could probably sell it to a pick your part or scrap guy.  I found one across town and he came out to look at it.  We settled on a price and he bought it. Only bad part, we had just filled the gas tank!  We bought it in 2019 to pull the boat and used it to haul stuff.  Since we don’t have the boat anymore we don’t need it. When I got the title out I noticed that we have only put 5000 miles on it since we bought it 😱.  Bye bye car.  




I am slowly getting my doctor appointments done.  It is such a pain that you can’t get into a doctor for weeks at a time.  I am still dealing with the pneumonia issue but nothing major.  I saw a pulmonologist and he said my lungs are good but is going to have me take a breathing test.  He also recommended an echocardiogram so I have had that done.  Can’t get into the cardiologist until sometime in May but that appointment has been made.  I also need to see a gastroenterologist but am waiting for an appointment with that.  I went to on demand care for sciatica and need to follow up with my primary doctor but again it is May before I see her.  I hope to get his all done by our vacation.  The pulmonologist suggested taking Prilosec and that does seem to be helping with the burning sensation.  Boy, getting old is the pits.  

We went to a local park that has a walking course that is just a bit over a mile.  We made two loops before I said that was enough.  We will try other parks in the area as it gets boring just walking the neighborhood.  We are not swimming this week, just giving my back a little break. We will go back to that next week.  

Camping starts this month but we won’t be going. We don’t particularly like the campground and had previous plans when reservations were made.  The kids were going on a business trip but decided not to go so that weekend is open now.  We will be going in May to a new place for us in Kentucky.  Looking forward to that.  Later this month we will get the rig out of storage and get it ready to go.  

We spent some time with the kids for Easter.  Aimee put out snacks and we just munched for the day.  We had a good time.  

The Suzuki is in the shop getting ready for camping season since it is our tow car.  We are waiting on a part for the air conditioner.  Sine the car is older getting parts is getting harder. Bill is going to start looking for a newer tow car in case something happens to the Suzuki.  

We planted some pansies in the flower box out front.  I hope they grow. If not we may put fake flowers in there. Spring is absolutely here now.  It was 77 degrees today and I busted out my shorts for the first time. We do have rain predicted this weekend so we will see how that goes.  

So that is all for now. 

No comments: