About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Thursday, May 25, 2023

May

 Isn’t the saying March winds and April showers bring May flowers?  Well we still have the showers in May and are still having frost warnings at night.  That should stop next week hopefully.  Cinco de Mayo came and we went to an event our financial people put on.  It was fin and I didn’t have to cook that night.  They served tacos, enchiladas rice and beans.  They also had beer and canned margaritas.  I don’t recommend the margaritas.  They were almost like drinking watered down beer.  

My infusion happened on the 8th.  I wasn’t doing as bad as normal just before it so I assume it is working better and better.  It is a pain to goin every 8 weeks but it works.  Bill and I decided to go out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Chop House.  Even though it was lunch it was still $50 with tip and everything.  

On the 9th I went for a breathing test my pulmonologist requested. The results seem to be ok but I won’t see the doctor until June 7. Why does it take so long to see doctors?  Due to the timing of the test we didn’t go to exercise class in the. Opening but we did walk our 1.5 miles in the evening.  It is warming up now but is also muggy.  Hopefully that will end soon.  

Wednesday was just our morning exercise class.   Thing else going on so I took advantage of the free time to set up my pill box and to tailor some blouses from last year.  I have lost a bit of weight, or at least inches, and they were a bit loose.  I really liked them so didn’t want to just toss them.  

I saw my primary doctor on Thursday after exercise class.  I made this appointment 6 weeks ago when I saw the urgent care for my sciatica.  Since I am still having problems so I saw her.  She is having me take an MRI to check it out.  I will either have physical therapy or see pain management for this, or maybe both.  I hope it gets better as it bothers my sleep.  

Friday I have an appointment with my hearing aid person.  I see her every 6 months.  She did a small adjustments to my aids.  After I got home we went to change our phones back to Verizon.  I got tired of not having service at many of our campgrounds with TMobile.  I kept putting off doing this and I finally got this done.  We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner as it is close to the place I had the MRI scheduled, which was at 5:00 so that worked out well.  I had a nice rest in the machine.  So that was the week with all the doctor appointments.  

Saturday was our quiet day.  We had nothing scheduled so it will be a day to clean and rest, except for our two walks in the neighborhood.  Sunday was Mother’s Day.  We met the kids for brunch at the local golf course.  They put on a great brunch.  We spent a couple of hours there.  Rory is growing so fast, he loves the brunch and went back to the buffet about five times.  It was nice and warm so a lovely day.  

On Monday the 15th I had a couple of doctor appointments.  I saw the cardiologist for the first time.  She said the echo looked fine but does want me to have a stress test and that is scheduled for June 5. I also saw the gastroenterologist for the first time.  He wants me to have an endoscopy to check out the esophagus but I have to wait until after the stress test.  I don’t know what one has to do with the other but that is what the doctors want.  

We brought the rig over to the house for the first time this year.  We got it loaded up for our first campout of the season.  I knew I would forget something and I did.  I left the bag with our shoes in the closet when we left so we only had the pair we had on.  We went to Cummins Ferry RV Park in Salvisa, KY.  It is close to Lexi ton and the bourbon trail.  Here are some pics of the campground.   Big Foot visited while we were sitting around talking  





We have done the trail before so we didn’t do it again,  we did visit one distillery but they made vodka and gin.  It was called the Castle and Key Distillery.  Here it is. We 



We had lunch at this BBQ place on Saturday 




We also visited the Shaker Village on Friday that was nearby and had a lovely lunch there. 



Our last place to visit was the grave site of Daniel and Rebecca Boone.  They died in Missouri but were reinterred in KY.  





The view of the Kentucky River and Frankfort, KY from their gravesite was really impressive.  



Before we left we had an issue with our auxiliary braking system in the car. When we hooked up the car and turning on the braking system, when the turn signals were tested the braking system started pumping the brakes.  We were able to go with the braking system turned off and our rv guys checked it out when we got home.  There was a short they fixed so we should be good again.  

In Ohio they don’t send you a notice that your drivers license is expiring.  You have the figure that our for yourself.  We noticed ours expire on our birthdays 5is year so we went to get them renewed.  Unlike California they BMV here is not nearly as busy.  It took about 30 minutes for us to get them completed, that includes the time we waited for our number to be called.  So that is done for the next 5 years.  

This post has gotten pretty long so I will stop for now and publish it.  More later. 


No comments: