About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, June 12, 2023

Happenings

 We finished May off with just a few things.  We went to La Comedia and saw Jimmy Buffetts Escape to Margaritaville.  It was cute and the food was good.  I had a margarita but it was a bit weak.  We didn’t do anything for Memorial Day weekend.  The kids were busy painting at the house. We did go out and bring them lunches a couple of times.  We did go to dinner on Memorial Day, just Bill and I. We went to Firebird’s Wood Fired Grill.  They offered a buy one get one for veterans and their food is very good.  I had a pasta dish and Bill had steak.  

The summer concert season started the first weekend of June. We saw the Springboro Winds concert.  It was very good. Each Sunday and starting soon, Fridays, they have a concert in the park.  

Monday June 5 - I had a stress test appointment.  They called me the Friday before and changed the location from close to me to 20 miles away.  That meant I had to get up a lot earlier and Bill couldn’t drive me and drop me off.  The test takes about 4 hours, so I had to drive myself.  Anyway, everything came back fine.  

Tuesday June 6 - today’s appointment is with a spine and brain group for pain management in my spine.  We met with the person and got setup to do some shots in my spine to help. My arthritis has affected my lower spine.  This will be an ongoing thing.  

Wednesday June 7 - today was the pulmonologist.  He says everything looks good so I don’t have to come back for a year.  

Thursday June 8 - vascular doctor since my left leg swells up a bit.  She said it isn’t a real problem, just keep an eye on it.  I don’t have to go back unless things majorly change,  yeah. 

Friday June 9 - we went out to breakfast today.  The restaurant wasn’t very busy which is really unusual.  We had a quick breakfast and it was good.  We went home and I cleaned out my business card holder, got road of things we don’t use anymore.  I also filed my paperwork which I had let build up.  We then went on our morning walk.  We decided to clean out the toys in the front closet that Rory doesn’t play with anymore and took them to Salvation Army.  We got the car washed and then headed to Dairy Queen for a treat.  All of this before 1:00!  I made a chicken Alfredo with bow tie pasta, it wasn’t bad.  We decided to water the grass today.  We haven’t had any rain for a long time.  Hopefully we will get some this weekend.  We did our evening walk and then moved the sprinklers around  I miss my built in sprinklers like I had in Calif.  

Saturday June 10 - busy day today.  We did a lot of running around  after breakfast we went out for our morning walk.  It is going to be warm today so we wanted to get it in early.  After that we did our grocery run.  With our vacation coming up I didn’t want to get too much.  Once we put those away and had a small bite we took the Suzuki and drove over to the rig.  We picked up the jack pads so we can adapt them and make them taller.  We measured and decided we need to get a 2 by 4 to attach to the existing pads once they are cut it 12 inch lengths.  While at Hime Depot we picked up some marigolds for out from, some mulch, a new squirted thing for the hose, and some nails.  We also stopped by Costco to fill up the car as the price there is 40 cents cheaper than anywhere else.  On the way home we decided to have diner early at a local Mexican restaurant.  It is one of the better ones around here.  Back home we planted the flowers and spread the mulch.  That is going to be it for today.  We might go for another walk later tonight.  

Sunday June 11 - weather forecast for today is rain.  We had plans to go to the park to hear an orchestra but that will depend on the weather.  I made scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  We wound up doing laundry today as well as vacuuming and mopping the floors.  I decided to broil a tri tip with some leftover sweet potatoes for dinner.  I took the opportunity to update my sign on list on my computer.  I have been marking up the printed one I have so much I needed to get the electronic version updated.  It did rain in the morning then let up for most of the day.  The concert in the park was scheduled for 7 and at 6 everything looked good so we headed over.  Just as we left it stated sprinkling.  Ok, we would go anyway.  We got to the park and aetup our chairs.  We sat there for a bit and listened to the band warm up.  They sounded pretty good.  They are called the British Brass Band.  It started raining a bit more and I got an alert on my phone about a thunderstorm.  We decided it was best to wait it out in the car but after putting the chairs away we decided to stop at one of the food trucks and get some ice cream.  We sat under a cover at a picnic table to eat it.  As we sat there the wind picked up, a sure sign of an impending storm.  We headed to the car and ate our ice cream.  A few minutes after we got in the car the skies opened up.  We watched some of the people in the park making runs to their car, including members of the band.  With the thunder and lightning we knew the concert was cancelled so we finished our ice cream and went home.  



No comments: