About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Monday, June 19, 2023

June 12-18

 Monday June 12 - this morning I had an appointment to have spay liver checked for something.  Turns out it was a test to check for a fatty liver.  The test was like an ultra sound.  Turns out I do not have a fatty liver.  The company is doing research on livers but I don’t qualify as mine is good.  After I got home and had breakfast, I had to fast for the test, we went for our morning walk.  It is cooler today, in the low 60’s and a bit of a breeze but no rain.  Today was a quiet day as we didn’t have anything planned.  We both took naps.  I made pasta for dinner.  I am finally getting to where I just make the right amount with no leftovers.  We did our evening walk, so far this month we have walked 26 miles.  We seem to do about 40 miles a month or so.  Strawberries are back in season so we are having that for dessert tonight.  

Tuesday June 13 - Today started out odd.  Our power went out around 7:30 am.  I got an alert from the power company saying it was estimated to be fixed by 10:30.  I got dressed as best I could without a shower.  When we don’t have power, we don’t have hot water as we have an on demand water heater and it needs power to work.  After about an hour the power came back so our morning started then.  I was thrilled I could finally have my hot tea this morning.  We went to the Y for our morning exercise class.  After that we stopped by a local vegetable stand and picked up some sweet tomatoes, peaches and cantaloupe.  It is cool again today with wind and some light rain off and on. That means we didn’t get our evening walk in.  I made some brownies for next week and put them in the freezer, at least the ones I could keep away from Bill!  

Wednesday June 14 - the weather is still overcast and windy.  It is suppose to warm up tomorrow.  We went to the Y for our class today.  The substitute teacher is one we are not overly fond of but today she did pretty good.  Once home I did some kitchen work.  I cleanEd up a bit, sliced the cantaloupe we got the other day and baked some chocolate chip cookies for camping next week.  They went into the freezer with the brownies.  I will also be bringing the fixings for a pasta salad for the potlucks.  Bill worked on adding wood to our jack pads.  It is to make them higher.  We went on our evening walk today as it wasn’t raining.  After class we went to the shoe store looking for some hiking shoes that were not ankle boots.  They didn’t have any for women and they didn’t have Bill’s size in the mens.  The rest of the day was pretty quiet.  

Thursday June 15 - after eating breakfast and getting dressed we went to the Y for exercise class.  Afterward we went to DSW to check out shoes.  Didn’t find anything we wanted.  Looks like I will have to make sure I can fit the hiking boots in the suitcases.  For my birthday I received some coupons at local restaurants so we decided to stop at Firebirds and have linner.  It was too much for lunch and too early for dinner but we have a very nice meal.  My coupon was for $10 the bill so I was surprised when they brought out some crème brûlée as a dessert too.  We shared that.  Our next stop was at Kroger to pickup some shortcake to go with the strawberries I had at home. That will be dessert tonight. We won’t be having dinner.   Once home we just relaxed for the day.  We are waiting for our lawn guys to come.  They didn’t come last week and I am not sure about the week before.  I assume it was because the grass was so dry and didn’t really grow.  Well we finally had rain and it needs to be cut now.  If they don’t show I will give them a call.  Oh, they just showed up, yeah!  

Friday June 16 - we went to Bob Evans for breakfast today. They need to hire more help, especially a host/hostess.  We rested a bit at home then went for our morning walk.  I had an appointment at 12:00 to have a procedure done one my back.  My spine has been effected by my arthritis and causes pain in my lower back.  Today they are going to put lidocaine in the back to see if and how it helps.  It wasn’t too bad but when the hit the nerve on my lower left side I really knew it.  I was in and out in about 30 minutes.  It seems to be helping, at least when walking.  We stopped at the grocery store and I didn’t have any pain while shopping.  I have to track my pain level for the next few hours to see how it helps.  Nothing else is planned today.  Bill did make pudding this afternoon as we had a lot of milk and needed to use it.  

Saturday June 17 - we woke up to a nice sunny day.  After our morning walk we drove over to Walmart to pick up a few items.  They didn’t have some of the things we wanted but I did pick up stuff to make white chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight.  Next we drove to our favorite fruit/vegetable stand to pick up a watermelon, corn and peaches.  Last stop was Tractor Supply to get a thing for Bill to repair a water hose.  We talked to our neighbor who is getting quotes for a new roof and gave him the business card for the company we used.  I spent time refilling my pill box. Dinner turned out really good.  We aids go on our evening walk.  

Sunday June 18 - Happy Father’s Day!  To celebrate we met the kids at Yankee Trace golf course for brunch  this place is really good and we have been going monthly for brunch  we will probably not eat again today as we are stuffed.  It is so nice to get together with them and enjoy a couple of hours visiting and eating.  The weather is very nice today.  After we got home from brunch I changed clothes from fancy into comfy for the rest of the day.  While we were at brunch someone scratched my car on the front left fender.  We tried buffing it out but I can still see it.  Bummer!  We will pick up the rig from storage today and bring it to the house to get washed tomorrow morning, assuming the rain holds off.  We have a camping trip coming up this week.   We have to get ready for that by packing clothes and food.  Sunday is also our laundry day.  Tonight the city has another concert in the park with a swing band. We plan on attending.  We did go to the concert but we went early so we could walk the trail at the park first.  That allowed us to be able to have some ice cream from one of the food trucks.  The band was pretty good.  They did have a lady singer I didn’t like but the guy was good as well as the musicians.  They took our picture to put in the city Facebook page.  The weather tomorrow is supposed to be rain so I doubt the people will come to wash the rig. We will find out in the morning. 

No comments: