About Me

Traveling the country, United States

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 12-16

 Wednesday July 12 -  I had an appointment to get my infusion so I didn’t get to sleep in too long.  I really needed this as I had to go almost 2 weeks longer than I regularly do.  When I got back to the house Bill was unpacking and started the laundry.  I helped with that and we soon had everything put away.  Since we had emptied the refrigerator before we left we had to visit the store and pick up the necessary items.  I did get some strawberries and fixings to make strawberry shortcake for tomorrow.  I will do a full shopping visit later in the week.  We got our mail and spent some time sorting through that.  We took naps in the afternoon and I made a simple pork chop dinner.  We did take a mile long walk but not our full one as my hip is still sore.  I see my rheumatologist on Friday and will talk to her about it.  I did ice it down in the evening.  

Thursday July 13 - we did sleep in this morning.  We had planned on going to the Y to workout but decided not to.  I worked on the blog and got it posted from the trip.  We took a drive to our favorite fruit stand and bought some watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, peaches, and corn on the cob.  I cut up the watermelon but will wait a couple of days to cut up the cantaloupe.  I worked some more on the blog and finished it up for the trip.  Nick stopped by to say HI and we made plans to see them this weekend.  Things are finally getting back to normal.  

Friday July 14 - I had an appointment with my rheumatologist this morning.  We talked about the issue with my hip.  She thinks my back problems could be causing my hip issue.  Resting will be good for it.  I have been icing it.  After my appointment we stopped for a late breakfast at Scrambler’s.  Grocery shopping was next on the list, glad to have that chore done.  I had a lot to get as we emptied the fridge before going on our trip.  In the evening we had tickets to La Comedia dinner theater to see Cinderella.  They did a good job with this one.  They always do one kid friendly show each summer and there were a lot of little girls in their sparkly costumes.  The food was geared towards kids too, with chicken nuggets and plain vegetables but they still had Bill’s sweet potatoes and fish.  I actually liked the chicken nuggets as they didn’t have a lot of batter on them.  

Saturday July 15 - not much on the calendar for today.  We had plans to go to,lunch with the kids but that got cancelled due to an injury at their house.  Nothing dramatic but timed enough to cancel lunch.  We did have a lot of rain today so that cancelled our walks too.  I decided to make potatoes salad, fresh corn and sloppy joes for dinner.  A nice simple summer meal.  We have been eating watermelon since we bought it.  It was really big and yielded a lot.  I haven’t cut the cantaloupe yet as my fridge is full.  We will be eating fruit for awhile.  

Sunday July 16 - the weather is better today but we are still getting some sprinkles off and on.  Today is laundry day and we have a lot.  We did a small load when we got home but left most of the clothes until today.  We had 3 load of shirts and blouses! It was a good time to sort through them and select shirts to go to charity.  We did go to Michael’s to get frames for the pictures we bought on the ship.  We are adding the to our family wall of pictures.  We had leftovers for dinner.  I like to keep them to a minimum in the fridge.  I know this is a short post but I am trying to get back on my weekly posts.  

No comments: